Fresh from our Kickstarter Project
Thank you everyone for backing and sharing so far! Three of our Olympian rewards are reserved- wow! Can’t wait to see what breeds and colors come from that. Also- looks like we are in for +2 colors and +5 more horse breeds, according to our Share Goal.
I promised I would talk about this soon so here it is! One of the first things you will get to do in VHR3D is catch a wild horse, yes, literally. This horse may be the foundation to your stock, and begin many generations of equine awesomeness. As shown in our picture below, you will select a map to visit (possibly atop your starter horse), and then you will be transported there. When you reach the map, there will be wild horses of various colors and breeds. The spawn of horses that will be there are based on Rarity of the actual horse breed.
You also can see some of the UI we are working on, what do you think? Another question is, do you think that we should reveal much of the stats of the wild horse? Or just the breed- and maybe a vague clue?
Thank you to everyone who has backed and shared- over 4% and already over 150 shares! That’s 3 new horse breeds and one new color (we will survey backers on what breeds & colors). The first few days of a Kickstarter Campaign are very important, so if you wanted to pledge- now is the time! The better our project does in these next few days- the better its entire success will be, and the better the game. We want to meet our stretch goals!
Also, once you back- leave a comment on the Kickstarter page! Let us know any questions or things that are on your mind. I’ve been enjoying reading the emails and comments you guys have for me- keep it coming.
Remember, you are only making a pledge now. You can change the amount of your pledge, or cancel it at any time if you need to. You will be charged for it when the campaign is successful (November 17th). Thank you!
And we are off!
This evening our Kickstarter campaign begins- let’s blast this thing off! Whether you are able to help support it or not, we would really love it if you could share this project among your friends, on Facebook, or however you can. For each 100 shares we get, we will be adding in two new breeds, and one new color.
If you have any questions- you can ask here or on the Kickstarter page if you are a backer. We will be actively answering questions, as well as posting frequent updates, and filling out the FAQs as well. A lot of information about our game is going to be released this coming month
Oops! We are waiting on Kickstarter to approve our project… Hopefully we will be sharing it with you very soon .
Meanwhile, I would like to reveal our first 100 breeds! We are working on the itty bitty details of each of these breeds, matching them as close as possible to the real thing. These details include possible color spawns, attributes (stats), and the horse model variation.
American Cream Draft
American Indian Horse
American Quarter Horse
American Walking Pony
Appaloosa Sport Horse
Australian Waler Horse
Canadian Cutting Horse
Cayuse Indian Pony
Colorado Ranger Horse
Irish Sport Horse
Missouri Fox Trotter
National Show Horse
Rocky Mountain horse
Single Footing Horse
Tennessee Walking Horse
Virginia Highlander Horse
Update: While we Wait
I am excited to announce that we will be launching our campaign on Wednesday morning. Kickstarter allows us the opportunity to build the game you and I have dreamed of- with out having to give up our creative vision for Orbis Games.
For those of you whom are new and unfamiliar with crowd sourcing websites such as Kickstarter- here is a quick rundown of what is going to happen. For thirty days, we will be asking for “Pledges” and offering rewards for $1 and above. People who pledge are called “backers”- and are constantly kept up to date with our progress and depending on the amount you pledge, you get rewards (such as in game foundation horses, subscriptions, early access) at a fantastic bargain. When our campaign is successful, the funds go directly to the development of this game. Suppose in a different universe the Kickstarter campaign fails (we don’t meet our funding goal)- then you don’t spend anything and we would not get anything either. The reason behind that, is we have a minimum amount we need to come up with to build a minimum finished product- and with out that minimum amount, the project may not be possible.
On Wednesday- we are going to share the very important Kickstarter URL – that contains a video and a good amount of information, along with the ways that you can pledge to help us build VHR3D. Please feel free to comment with any immediate questions or concerns you might have with the Kickstarter process.
We are loving all the interest we are getting for this game- and we will make it the best game with your help. We are working on making things right for our upcoming Kickstarter Campaign- including a good video and twinking the details to make sure we can reach every promise we give you.
If you are afraid you are going to miss announcements and news from us- we added a simple way to subscribe to our mailing list on the right side of this page. If you are already on our list- you won’t be added twice.
We will be announcing and launching our Kickstarter campaign very soon!
Some footage of our early horses, we will continue to work on them throughout the development process to make them great!
Trying to do some dressage… Framerate was bit low for piaffe Next video will be higher quality, so you can see the detail that is hard to see here.
Screenshots of various animations
We are building the horse game you always wanted!
We have just started the development on a horse ranch management game based on the popular concepts of Virtual Horse Ranch. This new game will be available on most platforms via a web browser, and as an app for tablets (Android & IOS). Some of the initial features will include:
- Each player will own a beautiful ranch, with multiple realistic and unique; virtual horses.
- Horses will have multiple stats that determine their success in training, eventing, or just riding round for fun. Some of these stats for each horse will include Strength, Intelligence, Endurance, Speed, Agility and Willpower. There will be numerous colors and patterns! Read below about one of our stretch goals.
- We plan on launching with at least 100 different popular breeds. Each breed will have its own qualities and characteristics to make them unique. For example, an Arabian will have high Endurance, but might be light on the willpower (Arabian owners will understand!). Possible colors may also be determined by breed, such as Friesian horses will be in shades of black.
- Training: Train your horse in multiple disciplines from Racing to Dressage. Training will improve stats, and the horse’s skill ability in the particular discipline.
- Breeding: Work on improving your horses’ bloodlines through our artificial genetic algorithm. Offer your quality stud up for service to other players!
- Competing: Compete in several different event types such as Racing, Endurance Racing, Dressage, Show Jumping & Western Events.
- Clubs: Join or create a club with like-minded players and friends. Set your on goals and parameters for the clubs. For example: “Alpha Racing Breeders Club” and set your requirements for whom can join.
- Marketplace: Work with other players by buying, breeding, selling your horses to improve your stock. This might be a stretch goal, but we would like to have an auction-like area (map) specifically for going and selling your horses to other players.
- Player- you- the Ranch Manager will gain experience and levels to improve build up your own skill tree- for example: breeding faster horses or more efficient in Show Jumping training.
- Bring your horse along trails, new maps, and through courses such as jump courses.
New Horse Texture (a Draft model)
We will be starting a Kickstarter campaign in a few weeks! Depending on funding and your support, we also wish to offer these additional features:
- “Layers” (like socks, color, a blaze) on horses to create thousands of different skin types generated based off of parents & genetics.
- Riding w/ an avatar: Ride your virtual horses with friends, race them on trails and play around in club events.
- Additional horse animations, barns, decorations, and items!
- Customize your ranch- place your choice of buildings, items, fencing, and everything where you wish.
- Train your horses over courses based on related disciplines in mini-games, we will still have simulated options.
- Compete your horses by completing a course, also with simulated options.
- Complete “goals” which are similar to quests in some games, like riding a course of jumps flawlessly, or finding a hidden area on a trail ride.
What are your ideas? Comment below!
Arabian Model (Old Texture)